Thursday 13 June 2013

The Road to Gaza (or Gråbo)

"And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot." --Acts 8:27-29

I want to tell you about an exciting thing that happened yesterday evening.  I was going for a run, exploring the countryside.  While about an hour's distance from home, out in the middle of nowhere, I crossed paths with two men who hailed me to stop so they could ask directions.  They needed to go back to Bergsjön, where I was going.  They had gotten lost, and were walking for more than an hour in the opposite direction!

It was all according to God's plan, of course!  Because the way back was too complicated to explain, I chose to guide them myself. To make the story short, over the course of the next hour, I learned that one of them, Mustafa, is friends with Daniel, the church planter. He knew about my coming, speaking at the church, and leading the bible study last night to which he had been invited.  This is remarkable, because Daniel doesn't publicize his faith to his Muslim neighbors. So naturally I finally asked if he and his friend with us was a Christian. It seemed they said they were Alawite Muslims that don't go to mosque.  

Even though we had passed by a river along the path to Bergsjön, there was no spontaneous baptism like Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch on the road to Gaza.  We can hope, and I think with confidence, that their baptisms will come later!  

And speaking of baptism, I just stumbled across this video of Omid's baptism in Dec of 2011.  Brrr!
Omid is giving his testimony first, which you can read toward the end of a previous blog posting,"It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood."


Daniel the pastor interviewing Omid two years ago before baptism.
 Here are some pictures of flowers and fauna I saw along my run yesterday. Can anyone identify them for me?







No comments:

Post a Comment