Tuesday 4 June 2013

EU-Reka!


My Prayer Requests: 

  1. Relationship building with immigrants in the neighborhood tomorrow and throughout the week. 
  2. Meeting with my old friend from Malmö, and her sister, also on Friday.
  3. Preparing for more street evangelism on Saturday and Sunday to mostly Muslim immigrants.
  4. Preparing an adaptation of my sermon on Zechariah 14 for the church plant this Sunday.
  5. Preparing for a meeting again with two Mormon missionaries, Elder Hart and Elder Saldutti, next week. 
  6. Preparing a bible study for Tuesday on Psalm 27.

My Photo Journal:


Jan and Evelyn Johansson. Jan is an interior decorator, and preached for the church plant this Sunday on the necessity of being born-again.  They are members of the church plant.


Eureka,  musician (not pictured)
I met her in church this Sunday. She used to play as a permanent substitute in the orchestra I auditioned for, but like me, did not win her audition.  How about that! She began attending the church plant services and bible studies a few weeks ago after getting a referral through the internet while looking for a Reformed church.  She is from the Reformed Church in her native country.



Syrian immigrant street preacher from Arabic-speaking church. Church plant member Joseph Löwdin translating from Swedish to English. I handed out tracts and spoke with a few people who looked interested.

Ethiopian immigrant street preacher from another local church. Church plant member Daniel Lundgren translating from Swedish to English.
Weekly bible study group: Simon, Frida (with Nanna), Daniel Lundgren, and Anna.  Daniel has been leading this bible study on Psalms for the last two weeks.  I will lead next week on Psalm 27.  Anna and I have had some good discussions concerning the philosophies of the Integrationist approach to counseling versus Biblical Counseling which she has studied indepth.


Daniel and Hannah Norén, the church planters who are at the moment in the US visiting their church planting supporters. Their support goes through a large organization which many of you know but for security reasons they have asked me not to name.  They are letting me stay in their flat, and Daniel is checking in with me by Skype frequently.  He is my official mentor for the "Cross Cultural Field Study" I am doing here with Trinity, though Omid is also mentoring me as we are side-by-side evangelizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment