Tuesday 11 June 2013

My Sermon Link

Prayer Requests:
  • Preparation for leading a bible study today (Wed) on Matthew 7. It will be with immigrants, and all in Swedish! (Once again, though, Omid will be by my side to bail me out if needed.)
  • More street evangelism on Thursday and Friday with Omid.
  • Finalize my travel plans for my return home, at the moment scheduled for June 18.
  • Making a decision about whether or not to enroll in a second masters (in counseling) at Trinity.
Journal:

My sermon from this Sunday has just been put on the church's website.  Here is the link:  Zechariah 14 Sermon at Göteborg Internationella Baptistkyrkan.  It is 50 minutes total because of the translation into Swedish.  I have Omid to thank again for that.

The bible study on Psalm 27 was fun.  It was enjoyable to teach and apply some of the things I have been learning about Hebrew exegesis, particularly as it concerns Hebrew poetry. To see more clearly God's artistry in the bible deepens our appreciation for the Word, and makes it more interesting and engaging.  Analyzing the structural poetry was new to most in the group, so it took some work. Our close inspection of the text led to some good exegetical questions and observations though, and then a discussion about the confidence we can have now because of God's presence with us, both it's continuity and discontinuity with the psalmist's experience.

One last note. A friend has cautioned me about my sharing things of a personal nature on this blog.  Only a few close Christian friends (you) know about this blog, which was designed especially for the purpose of prayerful participation with me on this trip.  So I felt comfortable sharing so freely, especially as it concerned issues needing prayer.  However, it may be that others will gain access to this blog, and someone referenced (however obscure their identity may be to the reader) might possibly react negatively.  Therefore, "names have been changed to protect the innocent," a photo or two has been removed, and some details deleted.  Thank you for your wise advice...brother (you know who you are!)

No comments:

Post a Comment