Sunday 26 May 2013

Countdown

Nearby

Where I'm staying 
Electric Volvo!

Just got out of church.  There were about 10 people for the service this evening.  One, an asylum seeker from India (near Bombay) named Hamit.  His family was killed in Muslim-Hindu violence there about 10 years ago.  He was Hindu but after this and some other hard experiences with life he began searching for truth.  He ended up running across Daniel and the church plant's book table which they set up in the market every week. Since then, he's been reading the Bible, coming to church, and looking for answers from Daniel, Omid and the other Christians who know the faith well. He wants "to go to the deep." I look forward to having more discussions with him.  
But now it is time for bed.  It is 9:20 pm. I hope I can sleep. It is early for me, but I had some trouble getting to sleep last night, so I am feeling tired.  I'll wake up early tomorrow, at 7 am, after some time with the Lord, and a quick breakfast, I'll head for the tram and take a 20 minute ride into the city. I'll get to the Opera house by 9.  That's when all the bassoonists auditioning will draw numbers. There are four rounds to the auditions. The first is Mozart's Bassoon Concerto, mvt 1 and 2.  The second is Saint Saens Sonata, mvt 1 and 2.  The third and fourth rounds are orchestra excerpts which the committee will choose from a list of 19 they made available to us several weeks ago.  

I feel well prepared. Happy with my reed(s). Starting to feel a little anxious, but trusting that the Lord's will will be done, and confident knowing that this experience has been soaked in prayer.

God natt (good night)!




No comments:

Post a Comment